Stunning beaches & surfing
- Mawgan Porth beach features in the official Good Beach Guide. Trained RNLI lifeguards are on duty from May to September.
- An amazing choice of excellent beaches including Watergate Bay to the south and north towards Constantine and Trevone.
- The surf at Mawgan Porth is ideal for both beginners and experienced surfers.
- A wealth of attractions within easy reach.
- The dramatic cliffs at Bedruthan Steps are just 1 mile away.
- Padstow is 20 minutes drive along the scenic coast road.
- The fantastic Eden project is 45 minutes away and the Lost Gardens of Heligan, Pencarrow House and Prideaux Place are very easily accessible.
- The National Trust also has several local properties, including at Lanhydrock.
- Walk down through the garden to the Scarlet Hotel for morning coffee on the sun deck, sea water hot-tubs overlooking the beach or treatments in their luxurious spa.
- Why not speed round the Go-Kart circuit at St Eval (only 5 minutes away), hire bikes and ride the Camel Trail or visit the Camel vineyard.
- Cornwall has so much to more to offer, such as the Tate Gallery in St Ives or Heartlands the new Cornwall World Heritage Site gateway.
- Fabulous golf courses nearby ranging from the championship course at the Trevose and the St Enodoc Golf Club at Rock, through to the Merlin Golf course (less than 1 mile away).
- Enjoy wonderful food and the fresh catch of the day - one of our favourites is the Falcon Inn at St Mawgan.
- Down the road - Fire beachside restaurant and the Merrymoor Inn.
- Breakfast is fantastic at Jamie Oliver's Fifteen and needs no reservation or the Beach Hut at Watergate Bay. For special occasions book Rick Stein's Seafood Restaurant.
- Fish and chips from the Blue Fish Bar near the beach or on the harbour side in Padstow have become family favourites.